AMI offers a variety of Analytical Methods to address fluid dynamic and design problems. Our software is in use at small and large companies throughout the world and has applications in a wide range of industries. In addition to its aerospace applications, AMI software has been used in the design of helicopters, ships, submarines, high-speed trains and vehicles including Formula One cars. We also offer software for pre and post processing of your geometry and CFD solutions.
AMI offers software solutions for rapid development of aerodynamic solutions where the time and expense associated with Navier-Stokes is otherwise too costly. In many cases, lower-order methods such as VLAERO+, VSAERO, USAERO, and MGAERO may be more appropriate for your particular application. Applications for lower-order methods include rapid optimization, shape design, inlet/nozzle design, airfoil and wing design, powerplant integration, hull design, wing-body fairing design, ground effect assessment, loads, and much more! Learn More
Do you have a unique software requirement? Custom software and modifications to existing software can be developed to meet your specific requirements. Likewise, if you lack the computer power or resources to run CFD at your organization or if you simply need peak-load support, AMI can run your job for you using our high-performance computing center as part of our comprehensive analysis services. Learn More.
Computational Fluid Dynamics Software
- VLAERO+ – Planar vortex lattice method for the aerodynamic analysis of subsonic and supersonic aircraft.
- VSAERO – 3D potential flow method with integral boundary layer methods. Fast and powerful alternative to Navier-Stokes.
- USAERO – Potential flow and boundary layer methods with a time-stepping procedure for arbitrary motions.
- MGAERO – Cartesian Euler code with embedded grids, automatic component intersections and an ultra-fast solver.
- MSES+/MISES – GUI based Multi-element airfoil design suite.
- CAMRAD II – Aeromechanical analysis of helicopters and rotorcraft.
Pre and Post Processing Software
- OMNI3D – Interactive 3D visualization tool for efficient post-processing of CFD results.
- PEP – A suite of functions to modify and optimize structured surface meshes for use in AMI CFD codes.
- FLIDYN – Non-linear 6-DOF flight dynamics simulation with simplified integration with CFD output.
- FSWAVE – Non-linear free surface characteristics of a free surface distributed by an arbitrary hull configuration.
- ICE – Calculate water droplet trajectory and ice collection characteristics.
- AMI maintains a range of internal software:
- Flight dynamics simulation
- Stability and control prediction
- Arbitrary mission analysis
- Drag prediction
- Engine cycle analysis
- Field performance (takeoff/landing)